Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Sonoran Giant

Here are some photos of the giant coues buck my father-in-law, Earl Laforge, took while we were in Mexico last week.  Earl and good friend Jeremey Gugelmeyer were on the buck for a couple of day and finally got it killed on the third day of the hunt.  I actually saw Earl shoot the deer from my vantage point across the canyon.   I got to see the deer alive, and believe me he is impressive to look at.  He is has a typical 5X5 frame with split eyeguards and an extra on each side making him a 7X8.  I put a pretty accurate tape on him in camp and came up with a little over 131" gross.  He should make the all time Boone and Crockett nontypical coues category.  We will be doing a lifesize mount of this buck later this year and I will post photos of it when it is completed.  Enjoy the pictures.



No comments:

Post a Comment