Sunday, May 23, 2010

Strip Buck











Here is a buck killed on the strip by the son of my friend Mike Dewees. His name is Ty Dewees and he was also hunting with their friend Danny Prock. They happened on this deer a few days into the hunt and Ty was able to harvest him. They brought it into the shop a couple of days later and that afternoon Ryan Hatch called me quizzing me about the antler configuration of the buck. It turned out to be a buck that Ryan was hunting with his client. His words were something like, "I guess I wasted the past three days hunting a dead buck". Ty's buck was featured in a recent Muley Crazy Magazine. This deer was a 35 inch wide 9 X 10 that grosses 259 5/8 and nets 252 6/8. It was the largest buck taken in Arizona in 2008 by a hunter on a regular draw tag.




No comments:

Post a Comment